Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 604 doubt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member joaquin's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2009
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    604 doubt

    Hello ,

    Can somebody tell me if the 604 HPLN , has the tangerine phase plug and the 515 woofer , how its compared to the 604 H or G ?

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member ngccglp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 20th, 2005
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604 doubt

    I think the 604HPLN does not produce low freq. I would rather wait for a H or G.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 604 doubt

    I have a pair of HPLN here that were rebuilt by GPA into what are basically the 604-8K. I'll see if I can find more info for you.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604 doubt

    I have dual HPLN's in 817 cabs. The bass is very good. Much better than single 515B's in 828 cabs or 2245's as subs in the bottom of 828's. I doubt that they will do Movie effect sound tracks but for acoustic music they are great.

    Jim N

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 604 doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by jnorv View Post
    I have dual HPLN's in 817 cabs.
    Interesting! I suppose you are not using both tweeters in one cab?

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member
    604 doubt


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: 604 doubt

    The 604 HPLN as I understand it is basically a 421 cone in the woof....very good mid bass speaker. I think for very vocal oriented music this might even be an improvement. I think it can be reconed as a standard unit, check with GPA.

    Anywhoo, in someways the 604 HPLN with a sub is an improvement over trying to get regular 604's to go that low...an acquaintance has such a setup.

    I think though...and am a little foggy here....the HPLN might have the Symbiotik fram? if so it should be upgraded.

    I will email my friend and ask if he had to redo the highs....
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.